silicon ingots and wafer manufacturing plant in Portland, Oregon. The
new plant has an initial capacity of 32MW per annum with a projected
capacity of 180MW of silicon ingots and wafers per annum.
“The state of Oregon and the City of Portland have
the perfect ingredients for our expanded production,” said Jeff Jones,
Vice President of Manufacturing for Solaicx. “Portland’s highly
technical labor force was the main driver in our decision. We look
forward to growing our team here in Portland and scaling up our new
facility quickly in order to meet the rapidly increasing global demand
for solar power.”
The company said that approximately 100 jobs would initially be created with 180 jobs projected when at capacity.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual