Following the company’s recent receipt of IEC certification for its solar modules by VDE Laboratories, Solar Power, Inc. has completed a sale to a prominent German solar integrator. The first supply of 200W solar panels associated with this deal took place in early December 2008, and the panels are expected to be used in the unnamed integrator’s Germany-based installation projects.
The recent certification is, according to the company, expected to pave the way for further orders, as the IEC certification guarantees the modules’ quality and performance for use in the European market. 2008 saw Solar Power, Inc. break into the Asia market, while its U.S. orders saw strong growth.
“Our recent IEC certification and this transaction mark what we believe to be the beginning of important new opportunities for SPI in European markets,” said Bradley Ferrell, President of SPI’s commercial sales division. “Germany is the largest market in the world for solar and we view these two events as major milestones for our company. Through continuous leveraging of our China-based manufacturing operation, which produces high-quality, competitively priced solar modules and balance-of-system components, SPI is strategically positioned to continue to further penetrate new markets and build global market share.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual