Statkraft AS, Norway’s biggest energy generator, has teamed up with SOLON SE for the construction of several solar power plants in an undisclosed location in Spain with a total output of 40MWp. With this agreement, Solon gains a key strategic customer as well as exclusive rights to Statkraft’s photovoltaic power plant activities in Spain for the duration of the agreement, which stretches until the end of 2011.
Statkraft will, as developer, assume responsibility for on-site project development, while Solon manages all engineering, construction and maintenance of the turnkey power plants.
“Supporting Statkraft in its comprehensive renewable energy operations and helping to develop the photovoltaic segment in the Statkraft portfolio will be an exciting project for us,” says Thomas Krupke. Olav Hetland, Statkraft’s Senior Vice President of Solar Energy adds: “We are looking forward to cooperating with Solon on solar parks in Spain. With this framework agreement in place, we will be able to act quickly when projects are ready for construction.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual