SoloPower today became the first US ANSI/UL 1703-certified manufacturer of flat-plate, CIGS-based (copper-indium-gallium-selenide) PV modules. The Silicon Valley-based producer of thin-film solar photovoltaic cells and modules is well on the way to its goal of mass-producing PV modules.
Intertek, an independent, multi-national product safety certification organization, granted the ETL certification. The product was tested to meet ANSI/UL 1703, the developed standard for safety flat-plate photovoltaic modules and panels.
Being certified is an important technical and commercial achievement for SoloPower’s products in the US and Canada. The certification is an added third-party confirmation that the company’s PV modules conform to rigorous safety standards.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual