development partners Sunovia Energy Technologies and EPIR Technologies
have claimed a breakthrough in growing single crystalline CdTe/Si more
rapidly in a molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) tool that could lead to the
faster commercialization of their proprietary solar cell technology.
The companies said that the results have been independently validated, readily reproducible with an extremely high yield and an unprecedented high crystal quality. No further technical details were provided, nor was the date given for when the commercialization could take place.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual