UK-headquartered solar developer Solarcentury has sold its residential solar arm to Svea Solar, allowing the firm to refocus its efforts entirely on utility-scale developments.
German firm expects earnings to stay strong this year even if delays were to hit two large projects in Spain.
Oversubscription by a factor of six greets issuance of bond listed on Stockholm’s Nasdaq, paving the way for further investments in green energy, energy efficiency and two other areas.
Spring 2020 budget boosted from €2bn to €4bn in the wake of court ruling ordering stronger climate response from country, which risks missing its 2020 RES target.
System by specialist Oceans of Energy in Dutch North Sea last year was able to withstand not one but two consecutive extreme weather events this month, firm tells PV Tech.
EU executive finds no competition concerns around €4.1 billion deal that will see Mitsubishi take 80% stake in Eneco and subsidiary Chubu hold remaining 20%.
German firm intends to build installation on sandpit lake within eight weeks and claims plant is the largest FPV project outside of China.
Network operator Liander publishes list of areas where requests will be temporarily held after finding PV roll-out doubled almost everywhere in its catchment area last year.
Delivering 103MWp Midden-Groningen within eight months involved installing 315,000 panels, setting up biodiversity-friendly areas and linking the plant directly to the Dutch grid.
Swedish state-owned utility eyes December to start construction of maiden project in Northern country, increasingly targeted by solar players as home for floating ventures.
The transaction is awaiting regulatory approval and will see Mitsubishi take 80% stake in company with Chubu holding the remaining 20%.
Trade body Holland Solar lauds government’s move to use unspent 2019 money to award extra €1.5-2 billion in 2020, with subsidies targeted at this year’s failed applicants.
Newly-launched autumn SDE+ round features four solar PV categories and comes shortly after news of grid-connection delays for PV in stressed areas.
Firm completes 14.5MWp Sekdoorn and 8.5MWp Tynaarlo in the Netherlands, tells PV Tech it will next build 27MWp Dutch successor and consider German floating forays.
TenneT commits €215m to 380kV/110kV substations and other grid upgrades to relieve congestion, following months of political pressure over PV-driven bottlenecks.