Operating in the solar industry as Tata BP Solar India Ltd., a joint venture with BP Solar, Tata Power has signed an MOU with the Government of Gujarat to enter into plans for the construction of a 5MW solar power plant in Gujarat. The plans, which also include the planned construction of a 5MW geothermal power plant, would complement Tata BP Solar’s plans to expand its module manufacturing facility and increase domestic sales.
“We are happy about this strategic partnership with Government of Gujarat,” said Prasad Menon, Managing Director of Tata Power. “This partnership not only strengthens our renewable portfolio but also creates opportunities to expand our presence in the growing renewable energy market in India. We look forward to the synergistic opportunities that the alliance presents us.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual