One of Trina Solar’s key photovoltaic module glass suppliers, Beijing Hua Mei Dazheng Technology, has signed an investment agreement to site a production facility in the Changzhou Trina Photovoltaic Industrial Park. The deal was signed with the Changzhou National High Tech District to build a glass factory adjacent to Trina Solar’s manufacturing campus.
Construction of the facility is scheduled to begin in the second half of 2009, with production expected to commence in the first half of 2010, the companies said.
Beijing Hua Mei, one of the first PV glass companies in China, has supplied Trina Solar since 2007. The two companies have signed a long-term deal in which Trina agrees to buy solar module glass produced at the new Changzhou production facility.
“Adding this key component supplier to the PV Park will support our goals to realize procurement and logistical advantages to accelerate our near-term cost reduction initiatives,” said Trina Solar chairman/CEO, Jifan Gao. “We are pleased that this important supplier has chosen to locate adjacent to the Trina Solar campus, and we believe this shows that Changzhou is fast becoming a hub for China’s solar PV industry.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual