PV module manufacturing leader Yingli Green Energy Holding Company will provide 3MW of PV modules to a demonstration project for distributed generation (DG) in Wuhan, China.
The modules will be added to the Wuhan Dongxihu Bonded Logistics Center, a large-scale import-export in Wuhan’s bonded logistics area. The installation will be comprised of 12,000 Yingli Solar modules and will be added on the rooftops of four separate warehouses. The plant is expected to produce 39,000,000kWh of clean energy per year.
Construction on the plant will commence in September 2014 and will likely be completed within five months. Once built and operational, 80% of the electricity generated from the installation will be used by the logistics center, while the remaining 20% will be used in the municipal utility grid.
Liansheng Miao, chairman and chief executive officer of Yingli Green Energy, said: “We are pleased to provide our solar modules to this important demonstration project in Hubei province. Institutions throughout Hubei province's bonded logistic zone have transitioned to sustainable, low-carbon energy generation in recent years, and we are honored to once again supply an innovative PV project in this region.”
It may not make much of a dent, but a 3MW plant is a welcome addition to a country that is struggling to meet its 8GW target for 2014.