At the 2008 IEDM in San Francisco, Dr. Mark Pinto, CTO for Applied Materials was awarded The J.J. Ebers Award for outstanding contribution to the semiconductor industry. Presented by the IEEE Electron Devices Society, the J.J. Ebers award was established in 1971 and is given in commemoration of Jewell James Ebers, whose work on electron devices helped shape current technologies. The award is considered one of the technical community’s most prestigious awards.
Earlier in his career, Dr. Pinto worked with Bell Laboratories in development of computational models and algorithms for technology simulation throughout several applications within the semiconductor industry. He received his Ph.D. from Stanford University, where he had co-developed the first general-purpose 2D device simulator PISCES-II, which was classed as the industry standard for over 10 years.
Dr. Pinto’s current role is as CTO, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Energy and Environmental Solutions Group at Applied Materials. He recently also received the honour of the Wall Street Journal’s 2008 Technology Innovation Award for Applied’s SunFab Thin Film Line.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual