VLSI Research, Inc. has revealed its Top 10 PV manufacturing equipment supply companies (see table below) for last year, with Applied Materials’ near-$800 million in revenues ranking them at the top of the pile. Coming in second is Oerlikon Solar, followed by GT Solar International, Gebr. Schmid and centrotherm photovoltaics AG. All three had revenues in excess of $500 million.
“The top 10 list is dominated by European companies with seven based in Europe. Applied Materials and GT Solar International are headquartered in the United States and Ulvac in Japan,” said John West, managing director, VLSI Research Europe. “European equipment suppliers got a head start in PV Manufacturing equipment markets through strong European government incentives, forcing companies around the world to play catch-up”.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual