Coherent, Inc. has shipped its 100th AVIA laser into the solar industry and is claimed to be one of the most widely adopted laser for a wide variety of solar cell fabrication applications. According to Coherent, the AVIA laser has more than 90% market share of the silicon cell edge isolation step.
“The AVIA was prime for 24/7 production long before the solar industry burst into life, having been industrially-qualified for analogous laser processes within the semiconductor and displays sectors,” commented Finlay Colville, Director of Solar Marketing. “Very quickly, the AVIA laser became the de facto industry standard for laser Edge Isolation and other front-contact processes, in addition to patterning of Zinc-Oxide transparent conductive layers deposited during ‘P1’ manufacturing of amorphous-silicon thin-film panels.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The laser manufacturer has recently enhanced its range of AVIA lasers specifically for use in a growing range of applications for both c-Si and thin film processes.