Daniel Meier, who will head up the R&D section as Vice President.
Bringing over 27 years of industry experience, he joins Suniva from the
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
At the NREL, Dr. Meier worked on amorphous
silicon/crystalline silicon heterojunction cell design. He spent three
years with Solar Power Industries as VP of engineering, and also served
as Chief Scientist for start-up EBARA Solar. His career began with
Westinghouse’s R&D Center in 1980, where he worked on fabrication,
design and characterization of silicon solar cells made from dendritic
web ribbon crystals. He left Westinghouse with the title of Fellow
Dr. Meier has a B.S. in physics from St. Vincent
College and an M.S. and Ph.D., both in physics, from Carnegie-Mellon
Suniva is a PV cell manufacturer based in Georgia, USA.
By Síle Mc Mahon
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual