First Solar, Inc. have appointed Dennis Fitzgibbons to Vice President, Federal Affairs, where he will report directly to the company’s CEO Mike Ahearn and be in charge of First Solar’s federal government affairs activities in the US.
Prior to joining First Solar, Fitzgibbons had been Chief of Staff for the Committee on Energy and Commerce in the US House of Representatives, where he took part in decisions relating to energy. He had also served as Director of Public Policy at Daimler Chrysler where implemented the company’s stand on major public policy issues.
Mike Ahearn said, “We are pleased that Dennis has joined the First Solar team. He has a wealth of experience in dealing with climate change and renewable energy issues that impact the Company, and his efforts will support our mission of providing clean, affordable solar electricity.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual