First solar PV module factory opens in Vietnam

Latest

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email

Red Sun Energy has opened what is being called the first solar module factory in Vietnam. The facility, which will have a capacity of 5 MW during its initial phase of operations, is located in the Duc Hoa Industrial Park in southern Long An province.

General Director Diep Bao Canh told Vietnam Business News that the PV panels produced at the new plant are rated at 80-165 Wp and will last for 25 years. The company says its modules will be priced 30-40% lower than similar imported units.

The Vietnamese factory will increase its panel-making capacity to 25 MW during its second phase, with some raw materials needed to fabricate the panels available domestically. Nearly 40% of the panels produced are expected to be sold on the home market, while the remaining 60% will be for export, the company says.

RedSun also produces LED bulbs and traffic lights which use PV panels as well as other energy-saving products, such as solar water heating systems and compact fluorescent lamps.

The company results from a joint initiative between Ho Chi Minh City and the Rhone-Alpes region of France.

29 November 2022
PV ModuleTech EMEA in Malaga on 29-30 November 2022 will address the factors underpinning the changing PV module landscape, gathering together all the key stakeholders across the value-chain from module production to field testing. Join us for presentations from the leading players in the sector, clearly identifying the opportunities and challenges set to impact module supply to Europe and the Middle-East over the next few years.
7 December 2022
Intersolar is the world’s leading exhibition & conference series for the solar industry. As part of this event series, Intersolar India in Gujarat is India’s most pioneering exhibition and conference for India’s solar industry. It takes place annually and has a focus on the areas of photovoltaics, PV production and solar thermal technologies. Since 2019, Intersolar India is held under the umbrella of The smarter E India – India’s innovation hub for the new energy world.
14 February 2023
Intersolar North America (ISNA) and Energy Storage North America (ESNA) is the premier US-based conference and trade show focused on solar, energy storage, and EV charging infrastructure. Dedicated to accelerating the energy transition, the combined event delivers actionable education, invaluable networking, and an immersive expo hall experience.
22 February 2023
After a record breaking year at the Energy Storage Summit, join us next year at the 8th edition in 2023 where we are expanding in line with the increased opportunity across the renewable sector. As we see this continued growth of the industry through change in government policy, increased capital and a need for grid resilience in geographies with high renewable penetration, can the necessary scale be met across the value chain in order to meet net-zero goals in Europe? We will gather industry leaders across the sector to discuss a range of vital topics including the most lucrative markets for storage and what the best route to market strategy is for your storage asset, changes needed in policy and infrastructure, as well as the effects of the supply crisis, disruptive technologies and much more.
14 March 2023
PV CellTech will be return to Berlin on 14-15 March 2023 and looking at the competing technologies and roadmaps for PV cell mass production during 2024-2026.
21 March 2023
Large Scale Solar Summit is the meeting place for European solar developers, EPCs and IPPs. Designed to look into ground-mount PV, solar + storage, green hydrogen, floating solar and large scale commercial rooftop. With around 300 attendees expected, this is the place to exchange ideas and knowledge, expand your network and win new business.

Read Next

Subscribe to Newsletter

Most Read

Upcoming Events