Despatch Industries’ infrared firing furnace has received a patent, bringing the company’s patent portfolio to over 30, both domestic and international. The firing furnace, while used mainly for the solar cell manufacturing process, it can, says the company, be used in a variety of industries for heating/treating applications of any material that can benefit from controlled infrared radiation.
To date, Despatch has delivered over 8GW of firing furnace production capacity worldwide, and is claimed to provide the highest up-time, highest yields and lowest cost of ownership. The design of the furnace includes a push button drop-down chamber that allows the bottom portion of the heat transfer zone to be lowered, allowing internal access for easy cleaning and maintenance. The innovative furnace also features a radiant cooling zone that uses water as the cooling medium.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual