JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. has signed a long-term silicon wafer supply agreement with Jiangsu Zhongneng Polysilicon Technology Development Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of GCL Silicon Technology Holdings Ltd. The agreement will see GCL supply JA Solar with 6,000MW of silicon wafers from April 2008 until December 2015 at fixed prices, with delivery of the wafers already in progress.
“GCL Silicon Technology has a proven capability in high volume polysilicon manufacturing, and has already started to make contributions to our business,” said Samuel Yang, JA Solar’s CEO. “This agreement is an important part of our growth strategy, as we further strengthen and diversify our supply position to support JA Solar’s rapid growth and increased customer demand.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
By Síle Mc Mahon