Howard Berke, executive chairman and cofounder of organic photovoltaics company Konarka, has joined the board of directors of the Solar Electric Industries Association (SEIA). The move comes after Berke completed a four-year stint on the board of the American Council on Renewable Energy.
“It is important that I continue to work with organizations like SEIA that are striving toward the goal of making renewable energy widely available at a competitive cost,” said Berke, who has some 30 years of experience in managing and starting up technology companies. “I look forward to working with SEIA to promote clean, sustainable, renewable energy sources to be widely deployed in the U.S. and around the world.”
“The Solar Energy Industries Association is pleased to welcome Howard Berke as a member of the board of directors,” said SEIA president/CEO Rhone Resch. “Howard’s knowledge and experience in solar energy will complement an already excellent and diverse board. I look forward to working with Howard and all of SEIA’s board in promoting federal policies that expand the solar industry and create green-collar jobs across the country.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual