Solar has received an initial order worth $8.8 million from new silicon
solar wafer producer, Nexolon Co., Ltd. of South Korea. Formed in 2007,
Nexolon is currently building its first manufacturing plant in the
Iksan Industrial Complex in Iksan City of JeonBuk Province, South
Korea. Nexolon has ordered multiple DSS450 furnaces from GT Solar that
will be used for multicrystalline silicon ingot production.
“This represents GT Solar’s first DSS contract in South Korea, and we look forward to helping our new customer, Nexolon, develop its business and become a key player in the production of multi-crystalline ingots,” said GT Solar CEO and President, Tom Zarrella. “This contract is yet another example of GT Solar’s key role in providing technology worldwide to meet the demand for solar energy.”
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with GT Solar as we start to build our business to meet solar energy demands in South Korea,” commented Nexolon CEO Woo-Jeong Lee. “We believe GT Solar has the resources and know-how to assist us as we move forward.”
Deliveries of furnaces are expected to be made over the next 5 months, GT Solar said.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual