LDK Solar Co., Ltd. has passed a milestone in its ingot production with the successful output of a multicrystalline ingot weighing 660kg. The largest ingot produced to date by the company, the block’s weight is an increase of 46.7% on the standard ingot weight of 450kg. The company’s maximum furnace capacity is 800kg.
“We reached an important milestone on the roadmap of our technology development for multi-crystalline silicon ingots,” said Dr. Yuepeng Wan, LDK’s CTO. “We have continued to develop technology aimed at solidifying and augmenting LDK Solar’s cost leadership position. Our objective with this development was to improve product quality and at the same time decrease the cost of multicrystalline ingot production. The larger ingots will lower capital expenditure and contribute to the reduction of production cost. The increased charge size directly contributes to lower power consumption, higher yields, improved efficiencies of downstream processing equipment, and reduced unit consumption of consumables and some direct costs.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual