LDK Solar, manufacturer of multicrystalline solar wafers, has provided an updated outlook for its second-quarter 2009 financial results.
LDK expects to report between $225 million and $235 million in revenue, slightly above the recently announced estimated range, and wafer shipments between 230 and 240MW.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The company also expects to record $150-$160 million against the cost of inventories for a decline in net realizable value of inventories resulting from the continued market price decline for solar wafers. As a result, the gross margin is expected to be negative with a net loss of $180-$200 million in the second quarter.
Second-quarter 2009 results are expected to be out on August 12, after the market closes.