Metals and materials provider Elkem has named Helke Aasen as the replacement for Bjørn Wiggen as Managing Director following the latter’s appointment to a new role as President and CEO of SAPA, as well as his appointment to the role of Chairman of Elkem’s Board of Directors. Mr. Wiggen replaces Ole Enger, who was recently appointed as President and CEO of the Renewable Energy Corporation (REC).
Elkem’s focus on the solar industry has seen the company commit to researching new environmentally-friendly products and energy-saving processes. The company has production facilities in Europe, North and South America and Asia.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Helge Aasen has spent nearly 20 years at Elkem in posts including a seven-year role as Division Director for Elkem Carbon, from which he moved to the role of Managing Director of Elkem Solar AS. He will continue to serve in this role while also serving as Managing Director of the parent company Elkem AS.
Mr. Aasen has an M.Sc. in engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and has also completed the executive leadership development programme at IMD in Switzerland.