NTT Facilities has completed a 23MW PV project in Japan’s Fukushima prefecture and has officially connected it to the national grid.
A completion ceremony was held for the PV installation, which was developed within the village of Iitate in the Soma District of Fukushima Prefecture. This installation stands as the largest power station developed by NTT Facilities in the Tohoku region.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Now operational, the 23MW solar site is expected to generate enough electricity to meet the needs of 6,000 average households on a yearly basis. All power produced by the installation will be sold to the local utility Tohoku Electric Power.