ReneSola signs JV agreement with Eiffel Investment Group

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on reddit
Reddit
Share on email
Email
Image: ReneSola

Solar developer ReneSola Power has established a joint venture with asset management firm Eiffel Investment Group to finance its current European project pipeline.

The portfolio includes projects in Poland, Spain, and France with a potential power generation capacity of 340MW, but the company will seek to fund up to 700MW of new solar projects over the next three years. The JV will be used to bring those developments to a ready-to-build stage.

ReneSola, which returned to net profit in its full-year results despite struggling with declining revenues throughout 2020, will have a 51% stake in the JV, while Eiffel Investment will hold the remaining 49%. The two companies announced their plan to form a new entity in January, which will see the asset manager make capital contributions to the JV as qualifying projects are constructed. ReneSola will then lead the project identification and development process.

Pierre-Antoine Machelon, managing director at Eiffel Investment, said the joint venture will result in “a strong value creation and help meet the ambitious decarbonation goals of our continent.”

It is not the only JV ReneSola has sought to strengthen its presence in Europe. It previously formed a partnership with subsidy-free solar platform Novergy last October to develop an existing 100MW solar project pipeline in the UK.

Read Next

January 13, 2022
Solar developer Invenergy has partnered with US-based investment platform Lafayette Square to form a joint venture (JV) that will develop and operate PV plants primarily serving low- to moderate-income (LMI) communities and areas disproportionately affected by the clean energy transition.
January 7, 2022
Solar developer ReneSola Power has completed the sale of 37MW of PV projects in Poland to Danish solar investment and management company Obton.
December 20, 2021
Elevion, the renewables arm of Czech conglomerate ČEZ Group, is targeting growth within Europe’s PV market after closing the acquisition of Belectric’s European assets.
December 15, 2021
EDF Renewables and European cloud solutions provider OVHcloud have entered into a 15-year power purchase agreement (PPA) for the supply of electricity from a 50MW solar PV project in France
December 9, 2021
Polish solar developer R.Power Group has signed contracts with infrastructure firms Nomad Electric and Onde for the construction of 135 solar PV plants in Poland with a combined capacity of 400MW
December 8, 2021
Solar developer ReneSola Power reported Q3 revenue below its guidance due to delayed PV project sales but said its pipeline is growing faster than previously expected.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Webinars
January 26, 2022
Free Webinar
Solar Media Events
February 23, 2022
London, UK
Solar Media Events
March 8, 2022
London, UK
Solar Media Events
March 23, 2022
Austin, Texas, USA
Solar Media Events
March 29, 2022
Lisbon, Portugal