Photovoltaics technology and equipment supplier Roth & Rau has officially opened a new R&D facility at its headquarters in Hohenstein-Ernstthal, Germany. The 1,500 m² lab facility was opened last Friday at a cost of €11 million and will focus on products and processes for use in the production of novel, more efficient solar cells.
“We are delighted to be able to open our new Technology Centre today, thus providing us with urgently needed additional space for our growing research and development activities,” commented Dr. Dietmar Roth, CEO of Roth & Rau AG, “Since the company’s foundation 19 years ago, it has been our employees’ power of innovation and their courage to think in new directions that have been among our most important strengths. We will continue to cultivate this tradition closely, as it is of decisive importance for the ongoing successful development and further growth.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Roth & Rau said that the facility would also be used for customer application work and for equipment training for customers. Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft will also participate with around €3 million in equipping the Technology Centre with technology for research projects to be performed jointly by Roth & Rau and Fraunhofer institutes in Saxony.