NLC commissions 300MW in Tamil Nadu
23 May: NLC India has commissioned 300MW of solar projects out of its 500MW under implementation in the state of Tamil Nadu, according to a Bombay Stock Exchange filing.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
India approves MoUs on renewables cooperation with Morocco and France
24 May: India’s Union Cabinet has approved two Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) signed with France and Morocco regarding cooperation in renewable energy.
With France, India will work on a pilot project in International Solar Alliance (ISA) member countries.
With Morocco, India will exchange expertise and networking of information.
Largest municipal solar project in Virginia
23 May: WGL Energy Systems and Sol Systems have completed a 6MW(AC) solar project in Ringgold, Virginia.
The project created approximately 80 jobs during construction, boosted the local economy and provided long-term, integrated resource planning for the City of Danville. The Kentuck Solar Project will provide enough electricity to power 1,200 homes every year and supply 1.5% of the City’s power needs.
WGL Energy serves as owner and operator of the project and Sol Systems has overseen the design, construction and financing of the system. The City of Danville Department of Utilities is purchasing the energy from the solar facility for the next 25 years.