Silicon Genesis Corporation (SiGen) and NorSun AS have endorsed an equipment development and supply agreement. NorSun will assess SiGen’s PolyMax “kerf-free” substrate samples and work together in optimizing the high-volume manufacturing equipment design that can process silicon ingots into kerf-free wafers of 150?m thickness and below. Their new agreement also contains commercial terms for the supply of HVM production equipment to NorSun.
Jon Hindar, CEO of NorSun added, “NorSun recognized the importance and potential of this innovative “kerf-free” wafering technology to produce more high-efficiency wafers out of less silicon material. We are looking forward to working with SiGen to develop this capability that can play a key part to support NorSun’s strong growth and demand for our products in the global market. We continue to implement our goal to become the world leading supplier of superior quality silicon wafers for high efficiency solar cells.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free