Solar-Fabrik AG has signed an agreement with JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. to supply 30MW of solar cells. Currently, the agreement calls for a one-year term, but both companies have shown interest that it be extended. This agreement also expands Solar-Fabrik’s market share and helps achieve its goal of increasing solar panel sales by 70% in fiscal 2009.
Five-inch monocrystalline wafers will be supplied per contract terms, but the contractual volume will expand to include the supply of six-inch monocrystalline and polycrystalline cells.
Christopher Paradeis, CEO at Solar-Fabrik, commented, “We are pleased to add JA Solar to our list of high-quality partners for the supply of raw materials. Tests conducted in advance of the agreement confirmed the high quality of the firm’s solar cells. They fulfill Solar-Fabrik’s quality requirements. With JA Solar we have added yet another crucial strategic partner to our team of suppliers that will help us successfully tackle the future challenges of the solar market.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual