Meyer Burger is buying all the assets of Colorado Springs-based Diamond Wire Technology. The two companies have been cooperating in the marketing and development of diamond wire used for slicing silicon for the photovoltaic industry since 2003.
Specifics of the monetary amount of the cash and shares transaction, which is expected to be completed in September, were not disclosed.
Meyer Burger says it believes the use of DWT’s diamond wire technology in combination with its own slicing and wire saws will provide its customers with a significant and decisive technological edge, and help them to achieve a reduction of the total costs of ownership in wafering.
“By expanding our technology portfolio with diamond wire, we once again contribute to a substantial reduction of the manufacturing costs of solar cells for the industry,” says Peter Pauli, CEO of Meyer Burger. “Together with DWT we have a lot of experience, innovative power and market strength to introduce this technology in photovoltaics quickly and sustainably.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual