SolFocus has been awarded a contract worth $103 million to supply more than 10MW of its CPV modules to EMPE Solar for project to be deployed in Spain through 2010. According to the company, the new project will be the the largest deployment of CPV technology in Europe, and will be capable of meeting the domestic energy requirements for a city of approximately 40,000 residents. SolFocus recently completed two utility-scale CPV projects (3MW total) for the Institute of Concentration Photovoltaic Systems (ISFOC) in Spain.
“CPV, with its high energy density and output, is an ideal solution for the Spanish market, providing more clean, reliable energy with a small land footprint and low lifetime cost,” said Gary D. Conley, CEO and Chairman of SolFocus. Inc. “As we continue to drive down costs towards becoming competitive with fossil fuels, sophisticated partners like EMPE Solar will play a critical role in breaking new ground throughout the Mediterranean.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
SolFocus expects the Spanish to eliminate the generation of 27,000 tons of CO2 emissions in its first year.