Sputnik Engineering has announced its intention to open a new production facility in Biel, Switzerland next year so that it can meet the increasing demand of its string inverter series SolarMax S.
“By buying the new building, we have been able to find a good short-term solution for our continued growth, and to double the production capacity of our SolarMax string inverters”, explains Sputnik’s Managing Director Philipp Müller.
The new facility will be located in Längfeldweg, five kilometres from its Swiss headquarters in Höheweg, and have 6,600 square metres of usable surface area. Sputnik is expecting to produce up to 100,000 string inverters at its new location, while employing around 80 people by the end of 2009.
Employees at the Längfeldweg facility will be working in production, repair, work preparation, purchasing and logistics, while the company’s Ringstraße in Nidau, Switzerland will produce its SolarMax central inverters. Further, Höheweg in Biel will concentrate on development, marketing, sales, quality management, personnel and finance.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual