SunPower Corp. has announced its addition of Navneet Govil (pictured), former controller for Sun Microsystems’ Microelectronics Group, to its team as vice president and treasurer. This role will see Mr. Govil spearhead the company’s treasury and foreign exchange activities, credit risk management, capital structure planning, and banking relationships, as well as overseeing insurance and stock administration activities.
Prior to his eight-year tenure at Sun Microsystems, Govil worked at Hewlett-Packard in the international treasury group, with responsibilities including managing and hedging global foreign currencies. Earlier in his career, Govil held finance positions at Pfizer and Fortistar Capital.
Mr. Govil has a B.Sc. degree from the University of Rochester; an M.B.A. and an M.Eng. from Cornell University; and several commendations including a merit-based Knight Fellowship, an engineering fellowship and a teaching assistantship, also from Cornell.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual