Suntech Power Holdings has secured more than 130MW in orders from Italy in 2009 and has now established a sales office in Milan to support its growing customer base. The booked orders indicate that the Italian market is finally picking up pace after only 12.5MW was installed in 2006 and 50.2MW installed in 2007, according to a recent EU-funded report.
“We have established a top tier customer base of companies that have long term solar plans and have already built an order book in Italy of over 130 megawatts for 2009,” noted Mauro Sgherri, Suntech’s Director of Sales, Italy.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The Italian government solar subsidies range from €0.36/kWh for large ground-mounted PV systems to €0.49/kWh for building integrated PV systems, with a total installed target of 3,000MW by 2016.