Sunways AG has announced that Roland Burkhardt (pictured), CEO and founder of the company, will pass his position of CEO and Sunways strategic and operational management to CFO Michael Wilhelm, effective 1 January 2009. Wilhelm will oversee the finance and strategy areas in his new position, while Burkhardt will take over the technology and R&D division.
In addition, the Supervisory Board has named Jürgen Frei as Management Board Member holding the responsibility of the new distribution and marketing division. He is scheduled to begin his new position on 17 November 2008.
Sunways attributes the various changes in its management positions to its preparation for its expected growth in 2009 and beyond.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual