Ascent Solar Technologies has placed an order with STANGL Semiconductor Equipment AG, a subsidiary of SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES AG, for eight roll-to-roll wet-chemical coating machines that will be used in Ascent’s volume ramp of its flexible thin film copper indium gallium diselenide (CIGS) solar cells at a new manufacturing plant. The 8 STANGL ‘IMPEDIO’ systems will enable Ascent to reach a nominal capacity of 30MW, per annum.
“STANGL has achieved the breakthrough in the U.S. market with its CIGS thin-film technology for coating solar films,” remarked Stefan A. Baustert, CEO of SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES.
STANGL’s IMPEDIO CIGS system for the one-sided CdS coating of CIGS films was first used in Ascent’s 1.5MW pilot line. Ascent Solar said in early July 2008 that it was evaluating whether to bring forward its planned 110MW production capacity of its thin-film technology.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual