In our first full year online, we have steadily increased the number of new products we have reviewed and also seen the new products section gain increasingly greater traffic levels throughout the year. Looking through the traffic numbers, we have identified the Top 5 most popular reviews of new products for your enjoyment.
A new entrant to the PV industry, Surfect Technologies launched a new tool that deposits metals on solar cells claiming superior uniformity and throughput than conventional methods. Though a small cap company, the product gained impressive traffic figures and was the fifth most viewed new product review in 2008.
The most popular title goes to Sputtering Materials, Inc., with its casted CIG (CuInGa) targets for thin-film deposition. In many respects, thin film has come of age in 2008 and is the fastest-growing technology in the industry. Although the product was reviewed in January 2008, other high traffic products with long exposure times did not come close to the traffic levels generated by Sputtering Materials.
1. Sputtering Materials offers higher material utilization in thin film deposition
2. Honeywell’s PowerShield PV325 backsheet protects PV modules from harsh conditions
3. Coveme backsheet has a 5x lifetime extension
4. XeroCoat launches single-layer low-RI coating boosting module power conversion
5. Surfect’s ‘Solargy’ offers high performance metal interconnect for solar cells