Canadian Solar, Inc. has announced it will now offer a six-year warranty on all module materials and workmanship—an extension of four years on the previous duration. About 90% of Canadian Solar’s production volume is included, though the company’s off-grid and specialty solar products may carry different warranty terms.
Dr. Shawn Qu, the President and CEO of Canadian Solar, remarked, “This is one of the best product workmanship warranties in the PV industry and Canadian Solar is pleased to offer this extended warranty…By extending the product warranty to six years, we want to make sure our customers can sit back and relax after they have completed their PV system with our modules. Importantly, while we are giving our customers a significant benefit we do not expect this to impact profitability. Rather, we believe our policy change will help increase sales and margin.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual