First Solar, Inc. has announced its support of the new International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), an organization created to globally promote renewable energy solutions for both industrialized and developing nations.
IRENA plans to promote sustainability worldwide by assisting countries seeking renewable energy options. The organization will provide nations with reliable information and data on the renewable energy industry, improve their regulatory frameworks, and build their renewable energy capacity. The organization plans to work in conjunction with others that are also active in promoting sustainability.
“The creation of IRENA sends a clear signal to markets worldwide that renewable energy will be a public policy priority for many years to come and shows that policy makers are serious about fighting global warming,” stated Mike Ahearn, CEO of First Solar. “We expect IRENA to become a powerful force in identifying and promoting best practices and thereby help governments and private investors optimize their investments in renewable energies.”
The Treaty will be signed at the Founding Conference, held today in Bonn, Germany.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual