Global Solar Industry Votes Online for International Solar Technology Award

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email

2,500 Solar Industry Participants Eligible to Vote for Next Solar Manufacturing Leader. Photovoltaics International, a leading source for technical manufacturing information and news concerning the solar industry, along with the organisers of the International Solar Technology Awards, the Cell Awards, invite the solar industry to vote online for its favourite manufacturing technology.  To vote members of the industry must register online before May 13th and then simply rate entries on a scale of 1-20.  The winners of the Cell Award will be announced at Intersolar Munich on May 28th.

This article requires Premium SubscriptionBasic (FREE) Subscription

Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis

Photovoltaics International is now included.

  • Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
  • In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
  • Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
  • Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
  • Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
  • Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual

Or continue reading this article for free

“The response and support we’ve seen from the PV industry for the Cell Awards underscores our goal to   recognize the technical achievements that are bringing solar closer to grid parity,” commented David Owen, Managing Director of Photovoltaics International. “Working with our partners to realise the Cell Awards has been a rewarding but at times difficult process, particularly when determining which of the varied and noteworthy companies to put in front of our expert judging panel. Now through the online voting aspect, we are pleased to provide an avenue for the industry to speak as well.”

Industry voters contribute to the popular vote which accounts for 20 percent of each entry’s overall award value. The other 80% will be allotted by the judging committee, specially selected industry experts that will evaluate submissions based on additional, preset criteria (details on www.cellaward.com). The top score for the popular vote in each category will be awarded an industry choice award at Intersolar North America in San Francisco.

Confirmed judges include senior technical experts from the Fraunhofer ISE, Moser Baer, SolarWorld, Q-Cells, Suntech and ChinaSunergy among others.
 
Online voting for the Cell Award closes at 12am Greenwich Mean Time on Wednesday the 13th of May. To date, there are over 2,500 industry participants registered to vote.

Short listed entries in each category will be announced on the 15th of May.  An award ceremony will take place at Intersolar Munich on the 28th of May to honor the winners of each of the seven categories . The ceremony, attended by nominated companies, judges, and invited participants of Intersolar, will take place at 5pm in Hall A3 at booth 658.

The seven International Solar Technology Award categories are:
·    Best Technical Product for Module Assembly 
·    Best Technical Product for Thin-Film Module Manufacturing
·    Best Process Technology for c-Si Cell Manufacturing Lines
·    Best Technology for Silicon Feedstock and Wafer Processes
·    Best Region for Manufacturing Solar Technologies
·    Green Manufacturing Award
·    Industry Choice Award

Read Next

Premium
May 27, 2024
PV Tech Power spoke with Lukas Jakisch of PV testing company TÜV Rheinland about the developments and challenges facing the sector.
May 24, 2024
Singapore-headquartered solar manufacturer Maxeon has failed to sue fellow manufacturer Aiko Solar over alleged solar technology patent infringement.
May 24, 2024
Solar project developer Recurrent Energy has secured a €674 million (US$730 million) revolving credit facility to expand its European solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) portfolio.
May 24, 2024
Ørsted has closed a US$680 million tax equity financing with JP Morgan for a solar project, alongside a solar-plus-storage project.
May 24, 2024
US power distribution company Entergy Louisiana has received approval from the Louisiana Public Service Commission (LPSC) to add up to 3GW of solar PV.
May 24, 2024
Waaree Energies has signed an agreement to supply 445MW of modules to Statkraft India for a project in Bikaner, Rajasthan.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Webinars
May 29, 2024
11am (EDT) / 5pm (CEST)
Solar Media Events
June 4, 2024
London, UK
Upcoming Webinars
June 11, 2024
3:00 PM (BST) / 4:00 PM (CEST)
Solar Media Events
July 2, 2024
Athens, Greece