Hungarian utility MVM Group has competed Hungary’s largest solar project standing at 20MW capacity in Felsőzsolca.
The MVM Group plans to build 110 solar power plants under seven projects with a combined capacity of more than 100MW in Hungary over the coming years.
The new Felsőzsolca Solar Power Plant, costing nearly HUF9 billion (US$32 million), is MVM's first such project and was built across 45 hectares of land. The utility financed 65% of the project from its own funds, with the remaining 35% coming from the EU. The project was implemented by MVM's subsidiary, MVM Hungarowind.
Nearly 74,000 multicrystalline solar panels were installed at the power plant, which will generate 21GWh of electricity per year on average, equivalent to the annual electricity consumption of around 10,000 households.
Dr Edit Juhász, undersecretary of state for National Financial Services and Utility Services, said: "The development of energy generation based on renewable sources greatly contributes to the security of energy supply in Hungary, but one of the fundamental goals of domestic energy generation can also be fulfilled with its help, i.e. to meet the European Union’s and international climate protection and climate policy objectives. The photovoltaic power plants to be built in the country will fully fit into our energy goals relating to the establishment of a climate-friendly energy sector."
"The Hungarian energy policy aims to provide clean, smart and affordable energy for all, thus helping to create a decarbonised economy and to strengthen the security of supply and competitiveness. This includes greening the electricity sector, spreading local energy generation and the possibility of introducing digital solutions in vast numbers," added Dr Barbara Barbara, undersecretary of state for Climate Policy.
Leading ‘Solar Module Super League’ supplier, JinkoSolar has teamed with experts from TÜV NORD and Soltec to provide as usual a technically driven PV Tech ‘TechTalk’ series webinar to further understand the Tiger PRO modules impact on LCOE metrics. Register free now.
PV Tech is hosting a TechTalk Product Series webinar with LONGi Solar to help PV project developers, asset owners and interested parties become aware of the latest in utility-scale PV panel technology, performance and size that is redefining LCOE metrics.
The business of solar is changing, as the industry scales up, technology, IT and new players to the market will add complexity. This sparks a host of opportunities such as co-location of solar and storage and the rise of unsubsidised solar projects as well as challenges which will question the very business model of European solar asset owners. Solar Finance & Investment Europe is the meeting place for institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, solar, wind and storage funds and large energy buyers to do business.
Back for its 2nd year, EnTech 2020 will play a pivotal role in helping to develop a solution roadmap which addresses how digital strategy will be met. This will include discussion around: new revenue opportunities, cloud & cognitive services, data, improved customer engagement, streamlining processes through technology and last but not least, investment in innovation.
Understand fully the technical and logistical supply chains that determine the production and performance of solar modules, including all related factors impacting quality, reliability & bankability.