Phoenix Solar will design and procure a 39.5MW project near Perth, West Australia as part of a new joint venture and a renewed push in the Asia-Pacific region.
The company’s Singapore-based subsidiary will work with construction firm WBHO on the project for developer WestGen. A power purchase agreement (PPA) between WestGen and West Australian energy provider Kleenheat has been arranged.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“With this large project, Phoenix Solar is not only re-entering the market of ground-mounted utility-scale solar PV power plants in its Asia-Pacific region but we also make a big step onto the Australian market which we see as an emerging solar PV market with multi-GW scale annual build out expected in the coming years,” said Mark Argar, Phoenix Solar senior VP Asia/Pacific.
“We are confident that we shall be able to gain our share of these considerable opportunities and are looking forward to continued growth in the entire region,” he added.