Plenitude’s new partnership to develop 1.5GW of solar and wind in Italy and Spain

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email
Plenitude aims to reach 2GW of installed renewables capacity before the end of the year. Image: Eni.

Plenitude, a renewables subsidiary of oil major Eni, has partnered with independent power producer (IPP) Infrastrutture to develop 1.5GW of solar PV and wind projects in Italy and Spain.

Plenitude will acquire a 65% stake in Hergo Renewables, which holds the 1.5GW portfolio of projects to be developed in the two European countries, while Infrastrutture will retain the remaining 35% stake.

The first project will be a 37MW solar PV plant in Montalto di Castro, north of Rome, with construction set to start in the coming weeks. It is expected to reach commercial operations in H2 2023.

Plenitude aims to have more than 2GW of installed renewables capacity by the end of the year before scaling up to more than 6GW by 2025 and 15GW by the end of the decade, said Plenitude’s CEO, Stefano Goberti.

“With this partnership, we are adding an important development platform to our portfolio in order to boost our ability to generate energy from renewable sources for our customers across Italy and Spain,” added Goberti.

Pier Francesco Rimbotti, who is the current CEO of Infrastrutture, will take the role of CEO at Hergo Renewables.

“The synergies with Plenitude will enhance our know-how, as well as the portfolio of projects that we have built up in Italy and Spain over our 30 years of experience in the sector, and which we plan to expand further,” added Rimbotti.

Read Next

November 25, 2022
Finnish investment company Korkia has funded a partnership with Greek developers GH Energy and AA Sunshine to develop solar power parks in mainland Greece and Crete.
PV Tech Premium
November 25, 2022
Spanish solar players give their verdict on this week’s renewables auction, which was shunned by PV project developers.
November 24, 2022
Solar developer ib vogt has started the construction on a 149MWp solar PV plant located in the province of Zamora, Spain.
November 23, 2022
Spain’s latest auction round that was held on 22 November ended up empty for solar PV and with only 45.5MW of wind power awarded.
PV Tech Premium
November 10, 2022
Spain is on track to install more than 4GW of utility-scale solar in 2022, a 25% increase on last year’s figures, according to José Donoso, head of the country’s PV association, UNEF.
November 3, 2022
Independent power producer (IPP) Scatec targets to invest NOK10 billion (US$946 million) of equity for new renewable power plants through 2027.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
November 29, 2022
Malaga, Spain
Solar Media Events
February 22, 2023
Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge
Solar Media Events
March 14, 2023
Berlin, Germany
Solar Media Events
March 21, 2023
Lisbon, Portugal
Solar Media Events
June 6, 2023
Napa, USA