and multicrystalline wafer manufacturing start-up, Prime Solar,
headquartered in Perth, Australia has selected CDI Corp to undertake
detailed engineering design work for the construction of a polysilicon
manufacturing facility near Leipzig, Germany. The contract was signed
with CDI Engineering Solutions, a division of CDI Corp.
“We are pleased in the confidence Prime Solar demonstrated in our polysilicon plant design capabilities,” said Robert Giorgio, President of CDI Engineering Solutions. “CDI Engineering Solutions has successfully designed trichlorosilane and polysilicon plants around the world and we look forward to applying our engineering skills towards development of a plant that will help meet the growing demand for solar energy.”
The initial plan is for a polysilicon plant with a capacity of 5,000 metric tons per year that will feed Prime Solar’s second business unit producing 600MW of multicrystalline wafers, from the second quarter of 2010.
Phase II is planned to boost polysilicon supply to 10,000 metric tons per annum in 2011-2012.
“We value CDI’s global depth of experience and design expertise in the polysilicon arena,” said Dr. Dilawar Singh, Chairman and CEO of Prime Solar. “We look forward to utilizing their skills to help us create a new facility that will provide us with an ongoing reliable inventory of feedstock.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual