BYD and Biosar sign agreement over 75MW PV Project in Queensland
27 March: BYD signed an agreement with Biosar for a 75MW PV project costing roughly US$30 million in Queensland, Australia.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The project will use BYD’s half-cell solar panels with 18.8% average power, the company claimed. Biosar, the subsidiary of AKTOR, will perform EPC services.
Vestas and EDPR install hybrid solar and wind project in Cádiz
27 March: Vestas and EDP Renewables (EDPR) have installed a demonstrator hybrid solar and wind project at an EDPR wind farm in Cádiz, Spain.
The initiative is part of EDPR’s R&D strategy and Vestas’ increasing efforts to offer sustainable energy solutions that meet customers’ increasing need to balance energy supply with grid demand, said a Vestas release.
The turbine-coupled hybrid demonstrator with solar at the Janda III wind farm in Cádiz is a combination of an existing Vestas V112-3.0 MW turbine and 372kW of new solar PV.
F2i acquires six Italian solar projects totalling 51.5MW
27 March: F2i, through its subsidiary F2i Energie Rinnovabili Srl, has acquired six PV plants located in Emilia Romagna, Puglia and Sicily, with a total installed capacity of 51.5MW from 3 New.