SPG Solar has named Thomas S. Rooney Jr. as its new CEO, succeeding company founder Dan Thompson, who will become chairman of the board. Rooney brings more than 25 years of experience managing large-scale and publicly traded companies to the solar development firm.
The company says that Rooney plans to develop and refine the company’s internal operations while simultaneously expanding the company both vertically and geographically. His previous experience managing extremely large-scale projects will lend itself well to the company’s ongoing development of utility-scale PV projects in addition to building on the company’s reputation in residential and commercial-scale solar.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Rooney, 49, holds an engineering degree from Cornell University and an MBA from the University of Chicago. Before joining SPG Solar, he was a noted speaker and consultant in the clean-tech sector while also serving on a number of boards throughout Asia, Europe, and North America. He also served as the president/CEO of Insituform Technologies from 2003-2007.