Tore Torvund has been appointed as Executive Vice President of the REC Group to lead REC Silicon’s operations. He will also serve as a member of the REC Group Management Team.
Mr. Torvund received a M.Sc. degree from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and has held senior executive positions in the oil and gas industry for more than 20 years. Mr. Torvund was Executive Vice President of Norsk Hydro’s Oil & Gas Division and a member of Norsk Hydro’s Corporate Executive Committee from 2000 until the merger with Statoil in October 2007. Following this merger, Mr. Torvund was both Executive Vice President for the company’s operations on the Norwegian continental shelf and a member of StatoilHydro’s Corporate Executitive Committee until October 2008.
Mr. Torvund replaces Gøran Bye, who is leaving in February. Mr. Bye served as CFO of REC Silicon beginning in 2002 until his promotion to President in 2005.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual