Yingli Green Energy, a photovoltaic product manufacturer, has appointed Dr. Dengyuan Song as Chief Technology Officer, replacing Dr. Guoxiao Yao, who resigned to pursue other interests. Dr. Song will lead Yingli Green Energy’s research and development initiatives.
Dr. Song has worked for the research and development of solar cells, silicon materials, and semiconductor PV devices in Australia and China for more than 27 years. He spent 10 years at the ARC Photovoltaics Centre of Excellence at the University of New South Wales in Sydney Australia in the research and development of silicon-based solar cells, polycrystalline silicon thin-film solar cells and third-generation solar cells. Previously Dr. Song was a professor at Hebei University in China, focusing on solar cells, silicon materials, photoelectric devices and automation engineering. He has also published and presented more than 150 papers in a variety of scientific and technical journals and PV industry conferences.
“I am very pleased to welcome Dr. Song to the Yingli team,” said Mr. Liansheng Miao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Yingli Green Energy. “We believe Dr. Song’s deep industry knowledge and extensive technical expertise will contribute to our leadership in the renewable energy sector.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual