Australia’s solar anti-dumping investigations resurrected

January 12, 2016
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email
Australia has reopened its solarn anti-dumping investigation.

The anti-dumping saga in Australia has been reignited after the Anti-Dumping Commission on 8 January overturned last year's decision to terminate the investigation.

The inquiry began over alleged dumping of various crystalline silicon PV modules exported from China to Australia, but was ended on 6 October 2015 because, even though evidence of dumping was found, it was deemed as having a negligible effect on Australian industry.

This article requires Premium SubscriptionBasic (FREE) Subscription

Try Premium for just $1

  • Full premium access for the first month at only $1
  • Converts to an annual rate after 30 days unless cancelled
  • Cancel anytime during the trial period

Premium Benefits

  • Expert industry analysis and interviews
  • Digital access to PV Tech Power journal
  • Exclusive event discounts

Or get the full Premium subscription right away

Or continue reading this article for free

This was partly due to the fact that Australia-based manufacturer Tindo Solar, which first lodged the complaint, manufactures AC modules, which are not in direct competition with the largely DC modules imported by Chinese suppliers.

The case was put to bed last year but has been reopened. Credit: Tindo Solar.

At the time the Australian Solar Council said it welcomed this “common sense conclusion” to the case.

Nevertheless Tindo Solar asked for a review of the decision on 5 November 2015.

After the publication of a new Statement of Essential Facts as a result of this review, the commission has now decided to reopen the investigation. A proposed timeframe for the resumed investigation will be announced soon, said Dale Seymour, commissioner of the Anti-Dumping Commission.

Read Next

February 18, 2026
Utility-scale solar and wind curtailment in Australia’s NEM reached a record high of over 7TWh in 2025, according to analyst Rystad Energy.
February 17, 2026
ACEN Australia has announced the integration of its 400MW Stubbo Solar project in New South Wales into its AU$750 million (US$530 million) non-recourse portfolio debt facility.
Premium
February 16, 2026
As Australia’s renewable sector matures, the coupling of solar and storage is emerging as the dominant paradigm for large-scale projects.
February 10, 2026
Energy platform Revera Energy has completed an expanded US$150 million credit facility for its UK and Australian portfolio.
February 10, 2026
WGEH has signed a Feasibility Phase Agreement to advance Stage 1 development of its 70GW renewable energy project in Western Australia.
February 6, 2026
The Australian government has launched a formal inquiry into the reuse and recycling of solar modules across the country.

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
March 24, 2026
Dallas, Texas
Solar Media Events
April 15, 2026
Milan, Italy
Solar Media Events
June 16, 2026
Napa, USA
Solar Media Events
October 13, 2026
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Solar Media Events
November 3, 2026
Málaga, Spain