Ubbink Solar Modules, a 100% subsidiary of Centrosolar, will close down its solar module plant located in Doesburg (NL), though it will remain as a legal entity and will fulfil any financial obligations. The closure is a direct result of the financial crisis of Ecostream Switzerland GmbH.
Ecostream had been supplying Ubbink with solar cells and then purchasing the finished modules, making up the majority of production volume for the plant. After the loss of Ecostream as its principal customer for solar modules, Ubbink was left with no choice but to close the Doesburg plant. Ecostream in turn has been affected by losses of its parent company Econcern, based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Centrosolar’s plant in Wismar, Germany will fulfill all module orders original direct to the Doesburg plant. The Wismar facility, which operates with a module production capacity of 110MWp, is unaffected by the closure of the Dutch plant.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual