Official figures from China’s National Energy Administration reveal more than 48GW of solar PV was installed in the country last year.
The figures, released today (20 January 2021), state that new capacity from all renewables sources – including both solar and wind – topped 190GW, of which solar contributed 48.2GW. Around 72GW of wind and 13.2GW of hydropower was also installed.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The data also points to a significant rush of new solar installs in December 2020, with as much as 23.3GW of new solar installed in that month alone.
More to follow…